We have three openings on our Board of Directors.
About Our Board of Directors
The Board consists of between 13 and 15 members that broadly represent, or are knowledgeable about, the client population served by the programs of DRO.
The Board includes people with disabilities, family members, attorneys familiar with disability issues, members of other organizations that are active on related issues, members of under-represented populations, and people from different regions of the state. Board members are elected to serve for terms of three years.
The Board’s Role
- Actively participate. (The Board meets six times per year.)
- Make decisions in the best interest of DRO.
- Provide oversight for all activities that advance DRO’s effectiveness and sustainability.
- Ensure prudent use of all assets, including facility, people, and good will.
- Ensure that DRO obeys applicable laws and acts in accordance with ethical practices; that DRO adheres to its stated purpose.