Get help from DRO

Disability Rights Oregon helps people with a disability-related legal issue in Oregon.

Read our self-advocacy publications.

Our information and referral services are changing. As part of this transition, we are limiting our intake line to issues solely related to abuse and neglect until Monday, December 2, 2019.

Between now and then:

    • if you have immediate concerns, please contact 211;
    • If you’re experiencing a life-threatening emergency, please call 911;
    • You can also report abuse by following the information on this webpage.

Please stay tuned for our new appointment schedule. We’re committed to upholding the civil rights of Oregonians with disabilities across our state. We continually strive to expand our reach and grow our impact. We apologize for limiting our intake service and appreciate your patience during this transition. If you would like to file a grievance, you can find information here.

Voice: 503-243-2081 or 1-800-452-1694
Fax: 503-243-1738
Office hours: Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to noon, and 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.

If you are an attorney seeking technical assistance from a Disability Rights Oregon attorney, please call us at 503-243-2081.


Disability Rights Oregon cannot help with the following issues, even if they are related to a disability:

  • Applying for or appealing denial of Social Security disability benefits
  • Criminal law
  • Family law
  • Becoming the guardian of a person with a disability
  • Help finding employment, housing or financial assistance
  • Out-of-state issues
  • Workers’ compensation
  • Medical malpractice & personal injury
  • Consumer or bankruptcy issues
  • Any issue or problem not directly related to your disability
  • Anything that is not the wish of the person with the disability
  • Any issue for a person who already has an attorney working on the same issue

Where else can I get help?

  • If the problem is in another state: go here for a list of Protection & Advocacy (P&A) Systems in each U.S. state & territory.
  • If you need a private attorney, click here for the Oregon State Bar’s Lawyer Referral Service. The State Bar also has a Modest Means Program.
  • If you have a criminal issue, go here to contact the Circuit Court of the county in which you live to find out whether you qualify for a Public Defender.
  • For general information and referrals about various resources in Oregon, please call 2-1-1 or visit


2019 DRO Grievance Policy and Form_English

2019 DRO Grievance Policy and Form_Spanish


The content of this website is not legal advice and is for informational purposes only. The use of this website does not create any contract or an attorney-client relationship.  All Disability Rights Oregon attorneys are licensed to practice in Oregon.  Our principal office is located in Portland, Oregon.  Our agency’s work is limited to Oregon, and benefits planning services extend to southwest Washington.

We cannot guarantee the accuracy, completeness, adequacy, timeliness, or relevance of the information on this website.  Disability Rights Oregon (DRO) is not responsible for the content of any third party comments posted on our site. We reserve the right to remove any comments posted.  We cannot guarantee the accuracy of any other site accessible through a link on our site.

Your privacy: We do not require any fields but you must provide at least one way to contact you. Giving us information is the first step in our intake process. This website uses an SSL certificate, which secures information between your web browser and our server. The information you share will remain private and confidential.  However, we advise that you not provide confidential information until DRO has run a conflict check.  No attorney-client relationship will be formed simply by communicating or supplying information to DRO via email or the website.