Looking for an easy-to-understand overview of the Ticket to Work program? Check out this video. Learn about the key benefits of participating in Ticket to Work.
Where we work
Plan for Work, a project of Disability Rights Oregon, covers Oregon as well as ten counties in Washington state.
Get help understanding how work might affect your SSDI and/or SSI
If you are a Social Security disability beneficiary and would like to know how work may affect your benefits, we can provide information about work incentives to help you make informed decisions about work.
Social Security’s Work Incentives can help beneficiaries return to work
Plan for Work services are for you if you:
- Have a disability
- Are between 14 years to Retirement Age, and
- Are receiving Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI), and/or
- Are receiving Supplemental Security Income (SSI), and
- Want to know how work may affect your benefits and services
Plan for Work services are available to people who are:
- Currently working, or
- Seriously considering going to work, and
- Live in Oregon or Washington’s southern counties of Benton, Clark, Cowlitz, Franklin, Klickitat, Lewis, Pacific, Skamania, Wahkiakum, and Walla Walla
Our goal is to enable SSDI or SSI beneficiaries to make informed decisions about work and to support them in making a successful transition to greater financial independence.
Our trained Community Work Incentives Coordinators will offer guidance through the following services:
- Information and Referral: Information about work incentives and/or referral to other agencies or employment networks
- Benefits Analysis: Explanations of work incentives and worksheets showing benefits, work, expenses, etc.
- Work Incentive Planning: The development of a customized Work Incentive Plan through discussions, information, and worksheets that will assist beneficiaries in becoming financially independent.
- Benefits Management: Periodic adjustments and information to assist in maintaining work and moving toward greater financial independence.
What are work incentives?
Social Security work incentives are regulations that make it possible for people who receive disability benefits to work without losing their benefits until they become self-supporting.
There are different rules for SSI and SSDI, yet both programs have conditions that allow a person time to test his or her ability to work without losing money and health coverage.
If your benefits end because of your work and you have to stop working later, work incentives can make it easy to begin receiving benefits again.
Contact Plan for Work if you are receiving SSDI and/or SSI benefits and are working or seriously considering working.
Call 503-243-2081 x227 or 1-800-452-1694 x227. An Information Specialist will assist you in applying for our services.
For general questions about work incentives and Ticket to Work, contact the Ticket to Work Helpline at: 1-866-968-7842 or visit www.chooseworkttw.net.
Plan for Work is a project of Disability Rights Oregon
610 SW Broadway, Suite 200
Portland, OR 97205
This document is funded through a Social Security cooperative agreement (1 WIP 15050405-01-00). Although Social Security reviewed this document for accuracy, it does not constitute an official Social Security communication.